Saturday, January 29, 2011

One Thing Never Changes

Hello again, my dear old friends.  It has been so long since I have written here.  Well over 2 months and I have felt the distance everyday.  I have missed my readers and I pray that I will be able to get back to blogging on a daily basis again.  This all depends on His hand moving or staying circumstances within my life.

No matter what the circumstances, the one thing I have learned over time and has become abundantly clear to me is that God is the only thing in life that never ever changes.  I may change my mind, clients may change their terms, but He will never change who He is.  If He made me a promise 20 years ago, it will come to pass.  Isn’t that amazing!  Do you have something that God promised you a long time ago?  Perhaps, it is something you have forgotten about and when it didn’t come to pass in the time frame that you felt it should you figured you had either heard Him wrong or He had changed His mind.  Not so my sister or brother, it just hasn’t been the right time yet.

What do I mean by that?  Remember the Israelites in the wilderness?  It took them 40 years to make an 11 day trip.  Why?  Because, they were never ready to step into the promised land.  It was not that God wasn’t going to fulfill the promise He had made to His children, it was just that their hearts were not in the right place to receive it.  They were full of unbelief and rebellion.  If you give a child what they want, even if you have promised it, when they are behaving poorly what will be the result?  You will be reinforcing the poor behavior and they will act even worse.  With no consequences for bad acts we dig ourselves deeper into the pit of mistakes never realizing that we need to put down the shovel.  Only by denying us what we desire most until we have humbled ourselves before Him do we step into the fullness of His blessings.

Go back and read over Exodus,Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy and you will see what I am talking about.  Even Moses got a little besides himself and knocked himself out of the running to enter into the promised land.  This is unfortunately what can happen if you hang around people with the wrong mindset for too long.  You start to behave like them without even realizing it.

Do not give up on your promised blessing.  It is still waiting in the wings to come out on the stage of your life.  Our God, our Father who never changes is just waiting for you and I to get to the place that we can handle what He has for us so that He doesn’t have to take it away again.  Instead of looking at the fact that you haven’t received, look at what you are or aren’t doing that is keeping you from receiving and start there.  You’ll then have to do the hard part of sacrificing your bad attitude on the altar.  However, after you have done that you can get ready for the amazing blessings that were promised to you, no matter how long ago it was.  That’s what faith is about and keeping the faith means staying steady in all seasons.

Blessings my siblings,

Cyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments "tasteful". You don't have to agree, but please be respectful. I look forward to all feedback. God bless you and have a fabulous day!