Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Let Daddy Take Care of It

Have you ever been wronged?  Of course you have.  Do you know what the bible says about what we are to do when someone treats us unjustly?  It says we are to do nothing against the person.  We are to be kind to them, bless them give them food to eat if they are hungry and something to drink if they are thirsty.  We are to let God vindicate us.  We are not to “defend” ourselves but to let Him do it.

I know that this way of thinking can be extremely difficult but think about it.  If you had a child that came to you one day and said that a bully had been roughing them up at school or just threatening them.  At first, you would give them advice as to how to deal with this unpleasant character, but if the situation escalated to the point that you felt that their safety was truly in danger you would tell them to step back and let you handle it.  You in your years of experience and wisdom would know a much better way to deal with this situation then your child.

If you use this same rationale with our situations and God it works out exactly the same way.  He knows a much better way to deal with the “bullies” in our lives than we do.  He will give us advice on how to deal with the circumstances to a point, and then He will say “Child stand back and let Me handle this.” 

There are many examples of this in the bible, one in particular is Daniel in the lions den.  He did not defend himself, he went through it, the lions mouths were shut up and the men who tried to have him executed were thrown into the lions den themselves.  The important thing to remember about God’s vindication is never, ever are we to gloat over another person’s misfortune no matter how much we think they deserve it.

There was a time in my life when I was very vindictive.  If you wronged me, I could come up with 14 ways from Sunday to get you back.  They would be so horrific that you would never consider messing with me again.  The thing is that on the other side of it I never felt better, I felt awful.  I always thought I would as I devised my “evil” scheme for retribution but it just didn’t turn out that way.  When I truly embraced my relationship with Christ and our Father I found that I couldn’t even devise these plans anymore, in fact it made me ill to even think about getting “even” with someone who had wronged me.  I had had a trued renewing of my mind.

The other thing that changed for me is that I found no solace when I heard that something bad had happened to them.  I felt terrible that they had had such ill fortune and prayed that God would use the circumstance to lead them to Him and Jesus, as well as help them to start living better lives.  This is truly what it is all about, not that a person has hurt us one way or another, but that we try to use every situation to bring another soul to the Lord.  These are cases where we can truly live out the scripture, “What was meant for evil God uses for good.”

So, when you feel hard pressed and put upon.  If you are being unjustly accused or attacked.  Ask the Lord to handle it for you.  Keep your motives righteous before Him by being loving in all you do and He will do what you never would have thought to do to take care of it.  You just keep standing firmly on the Rock of your salvation and let Daddy take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments "tasteful". You don't have to agree, but please be respectful. I look forward to all feedback. God bless you and have a fabulous day!