Thursday, September 2, 2010

Psalm 91 - Applying the Stomp

Do you keep going in circles?  Or does it feel like it?  I know it feels like I do. Day in and day out I struggle to make keep the faith.  I make it through one trial, only to have three more hit me.

God keeps telling me to stay the course, keep focused on what I am doing for Him.  

The enemy keeps throwing things at me to try and keep me from doing that to me.  So, I cry, I scream, I rage.  After I get done with my temper tantrum, I talk to people who are grounded to help them keep me on the right path, then I reopen my bible and turn to the 91st Psalm.

One of the things that I hold to is something that is said not once but twice.  It says I will tread upon the lion and the cobra, I will trample the great lion and the serpent.  This is Satan and his buddies.

How do I know this?  Satan is referred to as a lion and a serpent in the Bible.  He is referred to as a great lion going to and fro looking for who he can devour.  

What does this mean?  If I continue to make God my refuge, to stay in sync with Him than I will stomp Satan when he comes at me.  I'll just walk right across the top of him.  This is God's promise.

So, feeling like you can't go on another day?  Like you're taking one step forward and five steps back?  That's the enemy lying to you.  The cure for this is to cling to the Lord and put on your nail studded spiritual combat boots.

Get blessed by seeking the Kingdom first, making God your refuge, and know that His favor goes out before you and his blessing chase you down.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5

May God bless your day and guide your way by His Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep all comments "tasteful". You don't have to agree, but please be respectful. I look forward to all feedback. God bless you and have a fabulous day!